Friday 19 November 2021

Blue Period

 Started a really good anime and I have so many things to ponder on. 

Since I read the fountainhead recently I realized the concept for the first episode was very similar. When you feel like the world won't understand what you say, it is art which could convey you to express yourself. Which everyone won't get, but only those who understand you will. It's like you attract the people like yourself. Have I ever? I wonder.

Although the anime is very slow paced, and dives into deeper meaning of things I felt like it works. I wonder when and how it will be usual to ask and wonder about all the arbitrary things that go one in a persons head. I'd say that the before series (before sunrise, sunset, midnight) also starts conversation about life in general, but I felt like it was not well executed. or something like it was portrayed awkwardly. The intent was right, but the application and the conveyance cramped. I wonder if it is based on a book? 

The main emotion these days in anime and books is usually persistence or smartness of a character or the hard work they do or genius. Another major factor is how strong or quick they are, well in an action sequence I mean. The character has to be rightfully badass to capture everyone's attention. But why? Why write/draw something that is so imaginative. How the normal life look like? How can you portray that without spicing it up? 

I can't. I cannot write like they ask me to. I cannot draw like they ask me to. I can see the dissatisfaction. Where are my people? Are there none? People that understand and know what I am doing and why and how.

I am trying to notice the pattern, or how I write particularly. Because I don't think I know anyone satisfied with the way it is already. And I don't intend to change. But maybe if I notice something, I might add to it or it might make it clear what I would want to do? 

Blue period has given me a lot to think about. It sucks that I am not a hard worked. It sucks probably that I do not have talent or motivation. But there should be something I could do? Something I could contribute to?

No comments:

Post a Comment